I keep lots of list…at work and at home. Usually they all have to do with what needs to be done today, tomorrow and this week. However, when I saw the challenge for GBE 2: Blog On, I felt lost. So after reflecting about it for the better part of the week, I still wasn’t inspired. Then I took a nap today, because I was tired after this incredibly long week. When I woke up, I felt better and my spirit seemed to be renewed. I finally knew what I wanted to write about. Instead of a list of “to dos” or “to don’ts”, or even a list of all the bad/good things around me, I want to share with you a list of things…about me. A sort of “getting to know me a bit more” list. I’ve entitled it:
- I can’t sleep unless the closet, bathroom and bedroom doors are closed.
- I sleep with an air purifier on each night.
- In the shower, I always suds my hair, then wash my face and rinse it, then rinse my hair, then suds and rinse the rest of me. I like the routine and when I stray from that my whole day seems off.
- I dislike brussel sprouts…immensely.
- I love comfort food: meatloaf and mash potatoes, chili, mac ‘n’ cheese.
- I love to bake, but my husband is the better cook.
- I do laundry once every two weeks. Two hours and I am done.
- I have a mini-dvd player on top of the microwave in the kitchen because I love to watch movies while I do the dishes.
- I think the greatest invention was the dvd player so I can watch my favorite movies over and over…and over again.
- Since college, I have worked at 14 different jobs. Sounds like a lot, but some of them weren’t that long and a few were at the same time.
- I love the ocean, but I can’t swim.
- I wanted to be an oceanographer, but I can’t swim.
- Being near the water relaxes me.
- I love the rain…weird since I am a Virgo, and that’s an earth sign.
- I studied modern dance in college.
- I’ve worn a baby blue bathrobe for years. I’m on my second one since I’ve been married.
- I love candles.
- I produce some of my best writing from my bedroom. It has the best vibe in the house.
- Sometimes I have writer’s block for days. Other times, I can get the words to shut off in my head.
- I have lots of interests including books, music, crocheting, playing the guitar and gardening.
- I don’t watch mainstream television, but I do watch it…just the upper channels on Comcast Cable TV.
- I have secrets that only one person knows.
- I am adopted and there are parts of me that I am still discovering.
- There are things that I am drawn to that I can’t explain.
- I have reoccurring dreams and I work out a lot of my problems thru my dreams.
- I have premonitions; some good and some bad.
- I am a creature of habit, when I find something that brings me comfort, I tend to hang onto it forever.
There are more things I’d like to share, but I am still on my journey of discovery.
Wishing you all moments of self-discovery!
***I have written this piece for a group on Facebook that I joined, GBE 2: Blog On. This is week #44 and the topic is Make a List and Title It. Interested in more…click on the picture below to take you there.
10 thoughts on “Make a List & Title It”
I love your list. I feel like I got a vivid view of the lovely lady you are.
That is an amazing share! I am learning so much about you and I just love how you secrete little bits here and there and all of it impresses me more and more. You are so brave to just keep tearing the layers off one by one.
Oh, I like comfort foods, too. Love to make crazy combos of favorite childhood foods! Mac n cheese is my basis a lot of the time. mmmmmmm
So nice getting closer to you. ♥
Loved your list, Susan! You sound like a very cool person! I was just telling my son this morning that when I was little, I could not fall asleep with my closet door open – it terrified me! It had to be completely shut. Take care! (It's never too late for swimming lessons ;))
great list, susan. it's always fun learning things about others. interesting, you never learned to swim considering you have a passion for the ocean. any reason why?
That with the premonitions I understand, same here!
Great list – I loved getting to know you a little more!
I have a slightly different shower routine, but I am exactly the same as you if things somehow happen "out of order" – everything seems wrong after that!
This is such a nice list, Susan! There are several things that I can also identify with, especially being a creature of habit. Thanks for sharing and will check in on you again.
Much that's on your list is on MY list, too.
Well, not being a Virgo. But I too love the ocean and wanted to work with Jacques Cousteau, except for the not being able to swim part. Water gets up my nose.
susan, kinda cool to know you more… i hope you learn how to swim so you can fulfill your dream… Yahweh bless.
I don't think I've ever washed my face in the shower. I wash my face and brush my teeth, then hop in the shower. I do start with washing my hair, though. Then I squish the conditioner through it and leave it to do its magic while I get all clean before rinsing it out. I guess I'm a creature of habit, too!