I keep lots of list…at work and at home. Usually they all have to do with what needs to be done today, tomorrow and this week. However, when I saw the challenge for GBE 2: Blog On, I felt lost. So after reflecting about it for the better part of the week, I still wasn’t inspired. Then I took a nap today, because I was tired after this incredibly long week. When I woke up, I felt better and my spirit seemed to be renewed. I finally knew what I wanted to write about. Instead of a list of “to dos” or “to don’ts”, or even a list of all the bad/good things around me, I want to share with you a list of things…about me. A sort of “getting to know me a bit more” list. I’ve entitled it:
- I can’t sleep unless the closet, bathroom and bedroom doors are closed.
- I sleep with an air purifier on each night.
- In the shower, I always suds my hair, then wash my face and rinse it, then rinse my hair, then suds and rinse the rest of me. I like the routine and when I stray from that my whole day seems off.
- I dislike brussel sprouts…immensely.
- I love comfort food: meatloaf and mash potatoes, chili, mac ‘n’ cheese.
- I love to bake, but my husband is the better cook.
- I do laundry once every two weeks. Two hours and I am done.
- I have a mini-dvd player on top of the microwave in the kitchen because I love to watch movies while I do the dishes.
- I think the greatest invention was the dvd player so I can watch my favorite movies over and over…and over again.
- Since college, I have worked at 14 different jobs. Sounds like a lot, but some of them weren’t that long and a few were at the same time.
- I love the ocean, but I can’t swim.
- I wanted to be an oceanographer, but I can’t swim.
- Being near the water relaxes me.
- I love the rain…weird since I am a Virgo, and that’s an earth sign.
- I studied modern dance in college.
- I’ve worn a baby blue bathrobe for years. I’m on my second one since I’ve been married.
- I love candles.
- I produce some of my best writing from my bedroom. It has the best vibe in the house.
- Sometimes I have writer’s block for days. Other times, I can get the words to shut off in my head.
- I have lots of interests including books, music, crocheting, playing the guitar and gardening.
- I don’t watch mainstream television, but I do watch it…just the upper channels on Comcast Cable TV.
- I have secrets that only one person knows.
- I am adopted and there are parts of me that I am still discovering.
- There are things that I am drawn to that I can’t explain.
- I have reoccurring dreams and I work out a lot of my problems thru my dreams.
- I have premonitions; some good and some bad.
- I am a creature of habit, when I find something that brings me comfort, I tend to hang onto it forever.
There are more things I’d like to share, but I am still on my journey of discovery.
Wishing you all moments of self-discovery!
***I have written this piece for a group on Facebook that I joined, GBE 2: Blog On. This is week #44 and the topic is Make a List and Title It. Interested in more…click on the picture below to take you there.