In my administrative career spanning…well let’s just say I’ve been doing this a really long time, I’ve spent the better part of my days either on the phone or typing away on a computer keyboard. I don’t think you could call me a glorified receptionist, because I can do a whole lot more. I have to remind myself that I do have brain and I can write fairly well. While not perfect, I can catch my errors and I tend to agonize over ever…little…thing. It is quite annoying sometimes. I’ve been fairly successful in my career, done just about everything I’ve wanted to do, even become a writer with a few published columns.
So let’s take a look at some of the other jobs I’ve done in my career:
- Office assistant for my family business
- Fast food restaurant cashier…(twice!)
- Clerk in an office supply store.
- Computer sales person
- Electronics store manager
- Electronics store assistant manager
- Administrative Assistant at a Corporate Conference Center
- Shipping assistant (briefly) at a software company
- Customer service specialist for online company
- Administrative assistant for the local railroad that served a paper mill
- Administrative assistant for the maintenance department of the paper mill
- Administrative assistant for a contractor and two architectural firms
- Administrative assistant for a graphics art company
- Personal assistant for a wine writer
- Office administrator for a wine logistics company
- Office manager for a small family winery
- HR coordinator/trainer
- HR generalist – recruiter
No wonder I’m tired.
But you have to admit…the key to a successful career is diversity. And I have a lot of diversity! What holds me together now is that I get to do things that I really love…write, talk with people, and make observations (this is really helpful in my writing career.) Meanwhile, being able to figure out if someone is a good fit for a job I am trying to fill is a challenge. In the end, when I find that perfect person, it is definitely…music to my ears!
Wishing you moments to find your career path!
This post is written for The Writer’s Post Blog Hop# 54: Picture Prompt. Interested in learning more, please check out the link below!
Liked anything you see here? Then contact me, Susan Dusterhoft at [email protected]. I am always looking for more books/products to review. I can also provide assistance with blog writing!